Friday, October 3, 2008

Steve Job's worth more than 300 tons of gold.

On my weekly ride home with my dad, I was telling him about all that I had learned in my Internet class and he gladly told me his version of the personal computer history. Since of course he lived through it. We were talking about Steve Jobs and he kept emphasising that he is worth billions of dollars. I think because he could be a tad bit jealous. Just say'n.
I was surf'n around for news sites and got onto Forbes.com to read this articale. http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/03/steve-jobs-heart-tech-personal-cx_bc_1003jobs.html?partner=links appearently a citizen blogger reported that he had another heart attack and rushed to the hospital. This affected the apple stock. It went from $100 dollars a share to $90 some dollars a share which is supposadly 9 billion dollars. It went up again as soon as an apple spokesperson denied the faulty report. Wow.
Later in the articale, it goes on to say that Steve Jobs is worth more than the New York Yankee Stadium, 10 most valuable paintings on earth and the Space Shuttle Endeavor.
This all fascinated me because his income and worth is based off of something that was non-existant a hundred years ago. Its hard to imagine life without ipods, itunes, macs and personal computers. It existed though, strange huh. I just wander what new inventions will come about and how much their company's will be worth?

No comments: