Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2008

Tonight's Christmas Eve service was bare, but my family and a few other families we knew attended. I enjoyed singing the Christmas carols that I had memorized from years of tradition though. There is an aspect of reflection that comes with church, forcing you to think quietly. So I recalled the year 2008.

A lot happened this year. As usual I boomeranged into adulthood and grew up and out of my home.
To get some perspective of how far I've come and how I've returned, I'll start with the beginning of the year. Winter Quarter 2008, I was the new president of the American Sign Language club at South Puget Sound Community College. Jobless, but I had a place in the academic world. Finishing High School and Community College. The spring led into summer with graduating. Flying to Washington D.C. Taking Oceanography and Piano. Getting a job at Kmart. So here we are August.
I turn 18, smoke cigars, work a 8 hour shift at Kmart and go to dinner with my boyfriend, my family and a girlfriend of mine at Red Robin. It is not until August 1st that I learn I am accepted to the University of Washington in Tacoma. I attempt to move out into Court 17. Sudden Change of plans I move in with my brother in the apartments down from Court 17. Fall rolls around. I move out and start school at the University of Washington.

Amazing. One thing after another happens in my life. I graduated from high school, from Community College, moved out, turned 18, found my soul mate aka boyfriend and became the Editor of a Literary Arts Magazine. Huzzah for the Tahoma West!!

So now I am home in Olympia. I come home every weekend practically and came home for the holidays this year. I have two lives. One in the city with my brother, fast paced with freinds and college. One in Olympia with best freinds and family. All the while keeping my grades up and stacking on the college credits

Wow. I am quite the person. Still with now job and no money. I feel like I have nothing sometimes.

No comments: